In May 2015, G3 joined a handful of other organizations nationally to become an EPA WaterSense Partner offering an approved irrigation system auditor certification: the Watershed Wise Landscape Professional (WWLP).
This partnership has tremendous implications for how our G3 Associates are viewed in the industry including expanded business opportunities.
Our members are professionals who come from a wide range of backgrounds and believe in a sustainable future. We continually strive to improve the benefits of being a member: multiple job opportunities and referrals, information on the latest environmental legislation, access to continuing education, and being part of an educated passionate community.
Adding the WaterSense® labeled professional certification now expands our impact and visibility in additional ways:
- Access to the WaterSense promotional label, which can be used on business cards and marketing materials.
- Inclusion on WaterSense’s online directory of certified professionals.
- Increased exposure to customers through national recognition from EPA as an environmental steward.
- Access to job opportunities with WaterSense new homes builders and providers, federal facilities, and LEED® projects.
- Meets new requirements for WaterSense certification in order to conduct business within certain areas.
The curriculum of the new approved certification is very similar to the G3 Core Concepts Workshop but with an expanded focus on irrigation auditing, equipment and function. Students must receive a passing grade of at least 75% in the exam and submit a complete site and irrigation evaluation after taking the exam.
Check out the Calendar to register for upcoming workshops.